This little dish is incredibly delicious. Packed with sweet potatoes and seasoned with nutmeg and cinnamon, it's almost like having pie with your Thanksgiving dinner!
- 1 29 ounce can sweet potatoes (drained and coarsely mashed)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- PECAN TOPPING:
- 1/4 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup pecans (coarsely chopped)
- 3/4 cups light brown sugar (packed)
|Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine topping ingredients together in a small mixing bowl until mixture is combined and crumbly. Set aside. In another bowl, combine filling ingredients and stir until well combined. Scoop into a small casserole pan and top with pecan topping. Bake for 30 minutes or until topping is browned and bubbly. Makes 12 servings.|
You can always substitute fresh-cooked sweet potatoes for the canned. 4-5 sweet potatoes should be used.