Recently, I was inspired by a $900 Tsumori Chisato dress, and figured I could create my own version for much less.
A recent find of a huge bag of antique quilt and floursack squares at one of my favorite thrift shops worked perfectly for this project.
- Target Cotton Tank Top - $6
- Men's XL or XXL Fruit-of-the-Loom Cotton T-Shirt - $5
- Thrift Store Quilt Squares, Floursack - $1
- Pre-wash and dry tank and t-shirt
- Cut tank top straight across just under chest.
- Cut t-shirt straight across just under arms.
- Gather t-shirt on raw edge to fit tank top.
- Pin tank top and gathered t-shirt, right sides together and stitch.
- Affix quilt squares and floursack materials using a decorative top stitch or hand-embroidery stitch.
Total Cost: $12
Style Tip: This smock can be worn alone as a cute little summer dress or over your favorite pair of slim-fit jeans or leggings.